Position: Trade Marketing Manager
Location: Port Chester, NY
Position Reports to: Director, Trade Relations & Marketing
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
We're a 70-year family business that prides itself on delivering a world-class customer experience and product. We’ve revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We’re growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 50+ showrooms across the country, a state-of-the-art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly catalog. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
THE POSITION: Trade Marketing Manager
Seeking an experienced Trade Marketing Manager with a background in acquisition and retention marketing efforts, to join our Trade Marketing team located in Port Chester, New York. Candidate must have experience with email, direct mail, event planning and new product launches. Knowledge of working with and marketing to interior designers and architects is preferred. This role will develop and propose strategies, produce content and execute on efforts to gain new trade clients and retain current ones. This role will be supported by a Marketing & Events Coordinator, and reports to the Director, Trade Relations & Marketing.
- Manage overall operations of the trade email program to both house and prospecting lists—including creation of the weekly content calendar, building and testing emails, and approving creative
- Develop strategy, and work closely with larger marketing team to execute on the trade direct mail program to both house and prospecting lists
- Work closely with larger marketing & finance teams to measure effectiveness of direct mail campaigns and apply learnings to optimize the trade direct mail program overall
- Work closely with creative teams and approve all “To The Trade” materials
- Manage day-to-day relationship with trade organizations including but not limited to ASID, IDS etc. Ensure we are taking full advantage of sponsorship benefits
- Oversee trade event calendar and plan exciting events in key showrooms across the country; Events can range from 10-15 person CEU courses to large 75+ cocktail parties
- Manager will be responsible for overseeing the execution of these events, run by the coordinator
- Assist in developing and executing seasonal print media campaigns with trade specific publications
- Work closely with our PR firm to gain attention to our trade program
- Work closely with social and digital teams to provide trade content to our platforms
- Support Director in marketing efforts behind national trade shows that we participate in
- Partner with Director to support new product and material launches to the trade by top industry partners
- Act as a back up to Director when traveling on business and out of the office
- Work closely with TSS finance team to provide weekly and monthly reports to Director on trade retention and acquisition success
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, or related field
- 5+ years of direct marketing experience preferably in the luxury interior design industry with an emphasis on customer acquisition and retention
- Experience with direct mail, email campaigns and new product launches
- Ability to work strongly in a fast-paced, team environment
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and aptitude for home décor, interior design and luxury retail
- Willingness to travel to showrooms across the country as needed
- Comfortable with in-person networking
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky’s the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full-time highly competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Cover 80% of health insurance premiums for each employee
- Family health insurance plans as well as dental and vision coverage also available
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & STD Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
We invite you to visit our website at http://www.theshadestore.com/careers or, better yet, drop into one of our showrooms – we’d be happy to show you what we’re all about and what makes our approach to window treatments so unique.
If you're looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we'd love to hear from you!