Position: Senior Support/QA Analyst –Technology
Location: Port Chester, NY
Position Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
We're a 70-year family business that prides itself on delivering a world-class customer experience and product. We’ve revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We’re growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 50+ showrooms across the country, a state-of-the-art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly catalog. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky’s the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Cover 80% of health insurance premiums for each employee
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & STD Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
The Shade Store has a solid infrastructure now, but as we continue to grow aggressively, it has become ever more apparent that we need to continue to grow this very important team. We’re committed to building an excellent team of collaborators and innovators. Our team is ambitious and passionate; the environment is close-knit, fast paced and fun. We are a company that values doers over talkers and mentors over managers. If you work well with people and most importantly have the technical skill set to help support the business in the functions described below -- then we would love to hear from you.
THE POSITION: Senior Support/QA Analyst
You will be expected to have expertise in application support, troubleshooting and helping test various internal and external enterprise systems and configuring as well as maintaining software platforms all while upholding a high level of customer service satisfaction. The role requires good technical skills coupled with the ability to understand and translate business scenarios/problems along with good communication skills for collaboration with the business users, rest of the development team, IT Product Management and QA teams.
- Provide application support by troubleshooting defects, prioritizing and escalating issues, and performing system analysis
- Help define test scenarios, and assist/lead testing efforts to support the development and business teams on new features/enhancements and bug fixes
- Assist with the definition and creation of automated test scripts to improve the overall testing and support process
- Ensure monitoring alerts and system events are assessed, prioritized, and addressed
- Perform trending and analysis of problems; anticipate problems and assist in the development of risk mitigation plans
- Work under light supervision while handling multiple tasks independently with a proactive vs. reactive approach to changing priorities
- Available to provide 24x7 support as required and as part of the overall development and support organization
- Perform in-depth research and work closely with the development team to identify sources of production issues and perform root cause analysis of issue
- Help create and update application run books
- Assist with routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
- Support disaster recovery tests and live recovery for all production environments in conjunction with the development team
- Work closely with the product team and shared development resources across all phases of projects to ensure that code released into production is appropriately developed to conform to standards defined to ease support and maintenance
- Follow industry best practices
- Perform other duties as they arise
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of solid experience supporting distributed business teams, preferably in a slightly higher-end retail environment
- An excellent understanding of the development lifecycle workflow, and preferably experienced with JIRA
- Good experience and comfort level with SQL to be able to analyze queries and identify areas of improvement from an overall solution standpoint
- Comfort level with Linux
- Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with automated testing using Selenium or Codeception
If you're looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we'd love to hear from you!