Position: Operations Associate
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Position Reports to: VP of Operations
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
We are a 70 year old family business that prides itself on delivering a world class customer experience and product. We have revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We are growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 50+ showrooms across the country, a state of the art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly design inspiration book. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky is the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Cover 80% of health insurance premiums for each employee
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
THE POSITION: Operations Associate
The Shade Store is looking to bring on a dynamic individual to help launch our West Coast office in Santa Monica! You’ll work directly with one of The Shade Store’s Co-Founders & the VP of Operations to assist with running the day-to-day operations of this ground floor venture for our brand. Our company is growing quickly so this will be a dynamic, evolving role and an excellent opportunity to learn a lot and make meaningful contributions in a short time. We need someone who can move faster than the speed of business – and keep their cool under pressure. It also doesn't hurt to be nice.
- Oversee auditing and financial compliance of the third party contractor network
- Assist VP of Operations in identifying business process improvement methods that adhere to overall company strategy and values
- Help develop our new West Coast office by being the primary point of contact for our external business partners, ensuring fast response times, conflict resolution, direct customer contact, scheduling, and appointment follow-up
- Act as a primary point of contact in the West Coast office to the East Coast Customer Care Team and internal sales department to ensure successful and efficient completion of pre-sale measurements, post-sale installations, as well as service appointments for TSS customers.
- Deliver an above and beyond positive experience with each and every customer interaction
- An ideal candidate should innately understand the needs of customers, vendors, and internal colleagues and be able to communicate excellent service with a personal approach in every scenario
- Problem solve and trouble shoot cases for customers and designers who have purchased custom window treatments from The Shade Store
- Be willing to be a vocal leader by thinking strategically and proactively sharing information with other team members/owners in order to continuously improve our world class customer experience
- Perform other special or ad-hoc projects when required
- Willingness to assist with the changing business needs across the organization
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University
- 2 to 3+ years related experience working in Operations Support, Customer Service, Project Management or Sales Support
- Customer-centric mindset – proven success with personalizing the connection with clients
- High level of adaptability and the ability to shift direction quickly
- Entrepreneurial outlook with a solution based approach
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Microsoft suite champion, especially Excel
- Strong administrative skillset
- Calm demeanor and ability to stay cool when under pressure
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
If you're looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we'd love to hear from you!
We invite you to visit our website to apply: http://www.theshadestore.com/careers