Position: Junior IT Network Specialist
Position Reports to: IT Network Administrator
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
With over 70 years as a family owned business, we pride ourselves on delivering a world class customer experience and product. We have revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We are growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 55+ showrooms and growing across the country, a state of the art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly design inspiration book. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky is the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical Benefits
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
THE POSITION: Junior IT Network Specialist
We have a solid infrastructure now, but as we continue to grow aggressively, it has become ever more apparent that we need to continue to grow this very important team. We are committed to growing an excellent team of collaborators and innovators. Our team is ambitious and passionate; the environment is close-knit, fast paced and fun. If you enjoy working closely with a team and have the technical skill set to help you support our growing business – then we would love to hear from you.
This is a Junior IT Network Specialist position where the candidate will be expected to have expertise in network support and configuration, application support, troubleshooting problems with various internal and external enterprise systems, configuring and maintaining software platforms, while upholding a high level of customer service satisfaction. This position will report to the IT Network Administrator, and will be part of the IT Technical Support Team responsible for managing the infrastructure for The Shade Store.
- Administer assistance to end users (located in Port Chester and in remote locations) with technical requests
- Apply software patches/upgrades
- Troubleshoot email, software and hardware issues
- Wireless headset configuration and support
- Manage IT Technical Support Team documentation, ensure accuracy and most current up to date information
- Manage all current and newly set-up workstations with proper wiring and any necessary computer requirements
- Administer all IT equipment – desktop computing, servers, printers, telephone instruments and equipment, video conferencing, switches, routers, and other general networking equipment
- Setup and configure firewalls, switches, WAPs, etc
- Conduct vendor coordination on basic facility issues; including new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, network cable runs and desktop / cubicle moves
- Perform pro-active maintenance on all computing equipment
- Various special projects as needed
- Availability to travel to setup and configure new showroom locations possibly 4-6 times a year
- Able and willing to work a rotating Saturday schedule 1-2 times per month
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Information Technology or 3 years of related experience
- Ability to support a wide range of computer hardware including but not limited to Dell desktops, Dell laptops, Lenovo laptops, Microsoft surface tablets, iMacs, mac pros, MacBook pros, mac minis, iPhones, Sonicwall firewalls, HP switches, Cisco WAPs, etc
- Windows 10 experience required
- Familiarity with remote support technologies and supporting remote offices/showrooms.
- Cable terminations of cat5e/cat6 and other general hands on experience configuring workstations
- Hardware and software support for VOIP phone system. Softphone experience a plus.
- General networking knowledge of IP configuration and standards. Scripting experience a plus.
- Works well with tight timelines
- Available on-call some nights and weekends
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills. Engaging yet professional communication
- Experience providing customer support (level 1/level 2) in a technical support setting a plus
- Quick learner. Eager to learn, be an effective team player, and make a meaningful and significant contribution to the team overall
- Relevant certifications a plus
If you are looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we would love to hear from you!